Roles and Responsibilities
- Make recommendations in regards to student Identification, Redesignation, Monitoring, Re-entry into program (if needed)
- Review services provided to newly identified ELLs
- Monitor identification of ELLs to identify potentially inappropriate identification and placement
- Review English Language Proficiency (ELP) and Academic Progress of all ELLs (including those who have declined services)
- Identify ELLs in need of intervention to address the student’s instructional needs
- Make decisions based on examination of a body of evidence
- Communicate and collaborate with parents throughout the identification, placement, redesignation and monitoring processes
- Ensure that parent communications are translated into home languages
- Ensure that all documentation is on file and accessible if the school is selected for an audit by the Department of Justice and/or independent Court Monitor.
- Consists of 3 members including the school’s ELA Administrator. CH-ISA team members may required to attend annual training sessions.